Creswell Against Fracking (CAF) was established in the autumn of 2017 by a group of concerned residents who came together to oppose the threats posed by fracking in the locality.
The group was formed in response to the exploratory seismic testing undertaken by INEOS, a large multi-national petrochemical company. Testing began in September 2017 and continued until January 2018.
CAF is extremely concerned about the impact of fracking in the locality, five sites were identified for ‘exploratory’ drilling despite opposition from residents, local authorities and the community at large.
Research from other countries, primarily the USA and Australia, has shown the following:
- Increased industrialisation;
- Severe scarring of the rural landscape;
- Compromised water supply, health and homes.
What We Do
Stop fracking by peaceful means working within the law and to achieve this:
- Maintain an effective campaign group;
- Continue to raise community awareness about the social and environmental impact of fracking;
- Continue to identify and engage political and environmental champions;
- Regularly support local anti-fracking groups by participating in awareness raising and fund raising;
- Continue to engage local political parties in the fracking debate;
- Keep up to date with current and proposed developments;
- Support the climate debate.